1190 St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87505
This page is under construction
Breathing Free - An Asthma Plan for New Mexico
Goals of the New Mexico Asthma Plan
- Improve asthma surveillance in order to inform the public on the disease burden and to guide Asthma Program health interventions.
- Improve coordination of and increase the number of Asthma Coalition partners.
- Increase asthma education of health care providers and promote the use of the
National Asthma Education and Prevention Program's (EPR-3) recommended standards of care.
- Educate patients, families, schools, and communities in order to reduce asthma hospitalization rates as well as regional and ethnic disparities in asthma health outcomes.
- Reduce environmental exposures to asthma triggers.